Dr. David Sullivan graduated from the University of North Carolina with a bachelor’s degree in History and Political Science. He then completed his Doctorate of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree from the University of North Carolina in 2013. After graduation, he completed his General Practice Residency at Georgia Regents University (Medical College of Georgia). His residency focused on training specifically in dental implants, dental surgery, full-mouth restoration and intravenous sedation.
Dr. David Sullivan is dedicated to providing his patients with thorough and attentive care. He is passionate about his work and ensuring his patients are able to create and maintain their beautiful smiles. He has a strong background in service and in dental school spent a month in Nepal on a mission trip and has plans to return. In addition, he has worked at numerous Mission of Mercy clinics, which provide free dental service throughout North Carolina.
Dr. David Sullivan was married in July of 2014 to his wife, Melissa, a graduate from University of North Carolina School of Pharmacy.
Dr. David Sullivan is a current member of the following organizations and participates in the following professional activities:
- American Dental Society
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
- NC Dental Society
- Charlotte Dental Society
- Academy of General Dentistry
- SPEAR Study Club for the pursuit of great dentistry
- Pikos Institute for Surgical Excellence
- Adjunct Faculty appointment at the Dental College of Georgia. Dr. Sullivan mentors the current residents in the GPR/AEGD clinics in all aspects of general dentistry, including IV sedation and Implant Surgery.
Dr. David Sullivan has the following advanced training and credentials beyond DDS:
- Residency training and IV Sedation certification
- Mastership in Implantology from the ICOI
- Certificate in Advanced Bone Grafting from the Pikos Institute
- Active member in SPEAR Education Center, including advanced training in Occlusion, Comprehensive Treatment Planning, Treatment of the worn dentition, Implant dentistry, Treatment of TMJ disorders, and Esthetic Dentistry
- CEREC training in CAD/CAM dentistry
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS)