Platelet Rich Fibrin (PRF)
PRF slowly releases growth factors (proteins that regulate cell growth and division) such as PDGF, TGF Beta, VEGF, and BMPs that will enhance grafting procedures, such as sinus grafting and socket grafting.
PRF accelerates soft tissue and bone healing. It creates a better surgical result for the patient, while at the same time increasing healing and decreases post-operative discomfort.
The following treatments can utilize PRF:
- Sinus grafting
- Bone grafting
- Periodontal surgery
- Soft tissue healing from any type extractions
Advantages of Platelet Rich Fibrin
- Low Cost – this technology is not cost-prohibitive to the patient.
- Convenient – This procedure can be done in the dental office in less than 15 minutes
- Safety – PRF is a byproduct of the patient’s own blood. It contains ZERO foreign materials or products.
- Faster Healing – Decreased post-operative discomfort.
- Effective – PRF increases the effectiveness of practically any dental surgical procedure.