New Announcements Regarding COVID Operations as of 5-7-2020
To our Mint Hill Dentistry Family,
We hope this finds you and your family in good health! What an unusual time we find ourselves in. Our neighborhood, community, country have all been through a difficult and strange time over these past months. Mint Hill Dentistry, however, has remained dedicated to our patient’s care and safety through it all. Caring for our family of patients and our team has been our top priority.
Infection control has always been a top concern for our practice as you may have noticed on a visit to our office. Our infection control processes have been designed to keep you, our patients, and our team safe anytime you are receiving care. As we all have become very aware of the necessity of infection control during this unusual time in our life, we’d like to tell you about the infection control processes we follow in our practice.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Our team trains annually with Total Medical Compliance (TMC), a firm that specializes in keeping our team up to date on all regulations from these government agencies. We do this to make sure our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have made these changes to ensure our patients and team are protected. For example:
- Our team will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you come into the office. Your temperature will be taken as a part of the screening process.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when entering the building. You will also find sanitizer in other parts of the office – frequent hand hygiene is recommended.
- You may notice that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or children’s books since these items are difficult to clean and sanitize. Our lobby will be regularly sanitized throughout the day.
- Appointments will be managed with social distancing between patients. This may result in fewer options for scheduling your appointments: please understand this is for your safety.
- We will do our best to limit time you spend in our waiting room or at the business desk to reduce the number of patients in these areas at one time.
- We ask that you do not bring visitors with you to your appointment to help keep our waiting room free.
- Please wear a face mask when entering the lobby and keep the face mask on until you are shown to the treatment room.
- Bring a jacket – we’re cranking down the temperature for the comfort of our team.
We look forward to having our family of patients back in our care again, and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you and our team healthy and safe while in our practice. To make an appointment, contact one of our schedulers at 704-568-8010 or schedule online. Thank you for being one of our family of patients. We value the trust you put in our team and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Wishing you Smiles!
The Doctors and Team at Mint Hill Dentistry