Invisalign® Treatment: A clear solution to give you the confidence of a great smile
Watch a Quick Video
A Different Approach to Smile Design
We at Mint Hill Dentistry want to design and deliver an ideal smile for you. Using principles taught by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and American Academy of Clear Aligners, we will strive to give you a smile that stands out. Our comprehensive treatment includes:
- Laser gum recontouring
- Tooth shape manicuring
How It Works
We follow a simple three-step process from start to finish.
- Initial consultation
- 3D Smile Scan with Itero
- Digital photos
- Digital X-Rays to confirm health of teeth and gums
- We will then develop your treatment plan using the 3D scan of your teeth and the science and technology of our smile lab.
- Once you determine what payment option best fits for you, the aligners will be fabricated and you will watch your smile be transformed.
Benefits of Invisalign Treatment
- Appearance – Invisalign clear aligners are virtually invisible, compared with metal bracket and wires of braces.
- Convenience – On average Invisalign treatment is a shorter duration than braces, requires less frequent appointments and shorter follow up appointments.
- Removable – While 22 hours of daily wear is essential, Invisalign clear aligners offers the ability to be removed for a short period of time. This means you are not limited by what activities you can do or what foods you can eat.
- Excellent hygiene – Since the aligners are removable you can brush and floss regularly. Your gums are less likely to become red and inflamed as they can with traditional because of the brackets and wires.
- Comfort – No pain from sharp wires or brackets.
Top Five Things to Know Before Starting Invisalign
- Compliance is key! In order to see your desired results, you must wear your aligners 22 hours a day. With one week tray wear you will see progress quickly and stay motivated.
- Small tooth colored attachments are often used to help teeth move predictably and efficiently.
- If teeth are very crowded, it is necessary to polish between the teeth to help them slide past one another and allow them to align.
- Depending on complexity of case, sometimes it is necessary to order additional aligners after the initial aligners are finished to get that WOW result.
- Retainers are necessary after treatment. We highly recommend nightly wear to prevent relapse.
The Solution to Common Bite Problems
Invisalign treatment is ideal for correcting crowded and crooked teeth, closing gaps and spaces, adjusting misaligned, deep and open bites, fixing protruding teeth and many other types of smile issues.
Invisalign Questions and Answers
Flexible financing is offered to fit your budget. We are offering $0 down and 0% financing monthly payments for up to 2 years.
Yes! We accept most insurance plans when it comes to orthodontic coverage. Those benefits will be checked before your consult and will be applied towards your fee.
We understand you don’t want to wear an aligner for forever! With one week aligner wear, and the accelerators we use, the average Invisalign treatment is now between only six to ten months. While it does vary case by case, most esthetic issues can be corrected in this time frame.
The Invisalign aligners are clear and the small attachments are tooth colored. Most people aren’t even aware when patients have their aligners in.
Invisalign aligners are different from other aligner companies in that they are designed in a way that they don’t push against or irritate the gums. Some report a mild soreness the day they change to a new aligner.
Invisalign aligners are more comfortable than metal braces, pose fewer risks to teeth and gums and can provide beautiful smiles much faster. They both move teeth, but work in very different ways:
- Invisalign treatment uses a computer-generated system to determine the final outcome before starting. A series of clear custom aligners are then designed to gently move the teeth to those determined goals. It provides a very accurate, clear, comfortable way to get a straight, white smile.
- Braces require metal brackets and wires, with monthly wire changes until the desired outcome is completed.
Retainers are very important to prevent the teeth from drifting back to their original starting position whether you go through metal braces or Invisalign treatment. After treatment is completed, nighttime wear of retainers is highly recommended. One set of removable retainers is included with your treatment. Permanent bonded retainers are available at an extra fee.
Most everyone is! It really depends on how involved your case is. Sometimes more advanced orthodontic procedures are required for more complicated cases. Invisalign treatment is ideal for the following type of cases:
- Correcting crowded and crooked teeth
- Closing gaps and spaces
- Adjusting misaligned bites
- Helping to reduce gummy smiles
- Adjusting deep bites and open bites
- Fixing protruding teeth
- And many other types of smile issues
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Ready to begin with your Invisalign treatment journey? Give us a call or text to schedule a FREE 30 minute consult at our dental office.
Invisalign®, the Invisalign logo, and iTero®, among others, are trademarks and/ or service marks of Align Technology, Inc. or one of its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and may be registered in the U.S. and/or other countries.