In our last post you learned about the different types of sedation and now you know Mint Hill Dentistry offers the full spectrum of sedation options to meet your needs. The question now is, what is the best choice for you? Don’t worry – we are here to help decide which option is best!
Sedation Consultation Visit
Your dentist at Mint Hill Dentistry will see you for a sedation consult first. We will go over your health history in depth, a dental exam and record baseline vitals such as blood pressure, pulse, and blood oxygen saturation. If necessary we will consult with your physician to obtain medical clearance.
Are You a Candidate for Sedation Dentistry?
Consider the bullets below to see if you might be a candidate for Sedation Dentistry:
- Patients with dental phobias. If the thought of going to the dentist causes you to lose sleep – then you will certainly benefit from sedation dentistry.
- Dislike of the noises, smells, and tastes associated with dentistry.
- Difficulty getting numb / sensitive teeth – if you “feel everything” despite the anesthetic, then sedation may help provide comfortable treatment.
- Gag reflex – sedation completely eliminates this reflex and allows for normal treatment.
- Complex dentistry requiring lengthy appointments – more can be accomplished in one visit with sedation.
- Surgery – if you need multiple extractions, wisdom teeth removal, dental implants, bone grafting, etc. then sedation will make your procedure much more comfortable.
Contact Us to Learn More
Patient safety is ALWAYS our number one priority, so give us a call and we will schedule a consult for you to review your sedation options for an upcoming procedure! Your comfort and wellbeing are top of the list for all of us at Mint Hill Dentistry.