We are often asked what dental work we do the most – aside from dental cleanings twice a year. So we decided to list the most common dental procedures we see in our office. They vary between adults and children so we separated them into two categories.
Dental Procedures for Adults
- Dental Implants – One of the most popular dental procedures to replace missing or damaged teeth.
- Teeth Whitening & Invisalign – Technically considered both to be cosmetic, but are both completed very frequently in our dental office. Check out our Invisalign page for how it works!
- Crowns – when a tooth is broken enough that a filling is not sufficient to fix it, then a crown is indicated. We have the ability to do same-day crowns in our office!
- Bonding – A painless and easy procedure done to repair broken or damaged teeth. It is very cost-effective compared to veneers.
- Bite Guards / TMJ – If patients have chipped/worn teeth from grinding or if patients have muscle pain and joint pain – we can help.
- Root Canals – Completed when an entire tooth doesn’t need to be removed but is decayed or damaged enough that the nerve tissue needs to be removed so the tooth will not hurt or get infected.
- Extractions – When the entire tooth is in such a poor condition that it cannot be saved, it must be removed.
- We offer sleep/sedation dentistry at our dental practice for any of these procedures.
Dental Procedures for Children
- Fillings – Typically as a result of cavities, we find children do not brush their teeth as well when they start doing it on their own or have a lot of sugary treats or drinks.
- Sealants – These can be a huge help to your child on their molars in helping to prevent cavities. Typically placed after the child is seven to eight years old.
- Tooth Removal – This is a last-case scenario for a child, but if there is excessive tooth decay it may be necessary. Sometimes we do need to remove “baby teeth” for upcoming orthodontic work your child may be having done.
Questions? Contact Us.
Our Mint Hill Dentistry team can handle all of these dental procedures and more. Check out our list of services on our website and give us a call if you are interested in learning more about any of them.