We always get a lot of questions about dental implants, usually from those who have been told they need them or are currently researching them. Our website has all the basic information you would want to know like the process, cost and procedure details. So, we’ve come up with the top nine interesting dental implant facts you may not have realized (in no particular order).
Top Dental Implant Facts
- Dental implants aren’t allowed to be put in children’s mouths as their facial bone structure is still developing. Sometimes late teenagers can have them though. Girls can get implants before boys.
- Implants can be more comfortable than having dentures in your mouth. Since dental implants are attached to your jaw, they will not move around or slip like a denture could.
- Caring for a dental implant is just the same as your other regular teeth. You brush, floss and come see us every six months for your dental hygiene check-up.
- Dental implants are very strong. You are able to chew properly and don’t have to worry or avoid food at mealtimes you may not have been able to eat before due to a gap or dentures.
- Dental implants cannot get cavities. You read that right! While you still need to brush and floss your teeth, you don’t have to worry about your implant getting a cavity.
- Sometimes more than one tooth needs to be replaced. With dental implants, you can have multiple teeth replaced at the same time at our dental office.
- Dental implant surgery may be less successful for some individuals than others. For example in smokers, people who have had radiation in their head or neck, anyone who takes immunosuppressive drugs and even nighttime teeth grinders. Our dentists are able to hold a consult with you and decide if you are a candidate.
- Did you know that at our dental office we can replace a full arch of teeth with just 4 implants in one surgery? We can!
- Anesthesia/Sedation is offered at Mint Hill Dentistry if you are concerned about the dental implant procedure. We will make sure that you are comfortable when you come to our dental office.
Questions? Contact Us.
Give us a call to schedule a consultation for your dental implants. Our dentist will sit down with you and review your options, treatment plan and costs. Let us help you create the smile you’ve been dreaming about.