For September we are changing it up a little bit and making some specific product recommendations for you. We know when you are shopping for products in the store there are so many to choose from it can get confusing.
So this month, we are going to help you cut through it all and pick out what is best for your teeth. This one will cover toothbrushes and toothpaste.
- Crest, Colgate, and Oral-B all make fantastic products
- The main item to remember when finding a toothbrush is to make sure they have soft bristles.
- Phillips Sonicare
- We recommend using toothpaste with flouride that is specifically for sensitive teeth.
- Sensodyne is a great option.
- Crest and Colgate both make good whitening toothpastes.
- Do not use these for more than two to three weeks in a row.
Whitening toothpastes are abrasive and can cause sensitive teeth and damage to root surfaces and your gums if used for too long.
- As mentioned above, using “sensitive toothpaste” as your everyday toothpaste is a great option. Just make sure that it has fluoride, like Sensodyne.
Of course we are always happy to answer specific questions for you about your teeth. Keep an eye out for our next one this month that will cover more products like mouthwash and flossing products!