Sports are a part of many of your children’s lives and we are not far from school starting back in August. We want to help you protect your children’s teeth as they begin their fall sports. An injury to your children’s teeth could not only result in very expensive treatments to fix it could also be a long-term problem to fix.
A few weeks ago we shared the different types of mouthguards on the market, but the doctors at Mint Hill Dentistry highly recommend a custom mouthguard. We understand the upfront cost can be more, but the benefits and protection your child will receive have far greater benefits.
Custom Mouthguard Benefits
- Guards more than just the teeth – it can protect their whole head during athletics
- Protects the jaw joint by absorbing and spreading the impact to the face
- Shields the soft tissues, like gums and lips, during a injury to the face
- Decreases the risk of chipping, breaking or knocking out a tooth
- Assist in preventing major head and neck injures because it diminishes the likelihood of jaw dislodgement or neck trauma
- And to add a little fun, you child can choose from over 10 colors, can glitter it or tie-dye their mouthguard.
If your child is going to be participating in sports this year, PLEASE give us a call to let us create a custom mouthguard fit just for your child. We want to help protect your child’s teeth and jaw by ensuring the mouthguard they wear is the best and made just for them!