We are continuing our scenarios in which the CT Scan can show in great detail when someone comes to us with a dental problem. In case you missed our first post with general information about the CT Scan, you can view it here.
The next scenario features a person who came to us with pain in their lower right tooth.
The initial scan showed exactly what the issue was – a root fracture (the arrow points to the area on the photograph).
- Dark areas show the areas of infection that are painful
- Based upon the CT Scan it is determined the tooth needs to be replaced with an implant
The second photo shows how the CT Scan helps prepare for the implant:
- Red line – shows the position of the neurovascular bundle in the lower jaw
- Blue post – represents the area for the planned implant
- White tooth – 3D planned crown shows the projected final restoration
Not only did the 3D CT Scan show the initial problem in clear detail, it helped in the planning/preparation for the new implant. Keep an eye out for a few more scenarios!